Re: [Galeon-devel] Re: [Usability]Galeon feature implementation

> > a) "Exit saving session", implemented as a File menu item in galeon 1.
> > I can't really see any other place to put this, but perhaps you can.
>
> Small tangent: Other people have brought up their issues with a global
> "Quit" menu item in web browsers. I also found the item utterly confusing
> and detrimental to my browsing experience in NS4, so I'd agree with this.
> Each Galeon window is a 'first class citizen' of its own, essentially, and I
> can't recall ever having a reason to close the entire browsing application.
>
> So that makes this particular (incredibly useful) feature somewhat harder to
> place.

I had a silly idea about that, I'm not sure people will like it :)
I was wondering why this option should be in galeon. Wouldn't an applet
which can be used to exit a session-aware app be better ? That way, all
session-aware apps would get an exit with session for free. Otoh, it
might be a little weird to have to use an applet to use an "exit with
session" feature. That might fit well in the window manager, but havoc
probably won't want that in metacity, which sounds perfectly reasonable
to me :)
These are only my 2 cents, feel free to flame about this incredibly
stupid idea :p

Christophe