[Usability]Re: Galeon feature implementation

Hi,

It makes me sad to hear that Marco is thinking of (or has) left.

Please don't overly abuse maintainers and make them want to
leave. Maintainers have to make decisions. That's what they do.  I
wrote up some boilerplate on this that I plan to point angry bugzilla
reporters at: http://pobox.com/~hp/features.html

It's easy to underestimate the impact that one's emails and comments
have on maintainers - in the mails I included from Linus, you can see
that it affects even him and that he's thought about it a lot.  The
constant stream of criticism can wear people down. Unfortunately,
addressing all the criticism leads you straight into bloatware - so
any maintainer with a good conscience soon starts to get a little
burnt out.

I'm glad to see a list of concrete issues and discussion of them.
That's the beginning of evaluating the real rationale for each
feature, looking at root problems and all possible solutions instead
of just the easiest hack.

Havoc