Re: [Usability]Re: Accelerator for New Window

On 07May2002 01:57PM (-0400), Sinzui Kobalt wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 13:29, Calum Benson wrote:
> > Justin Davies wrote:
> >
> > > I think we have to think about what would be used more, requesting a new
> > > window or find ?
> >
> > I don't think it matters in this case, the HIG recommends shortcuts for
> > both :)  Well, almost... Ctrl-N is the recommended shortcut for 'New'
> > (document), and IMHO it's more reasonable to extend that to mean 'New
> > Window' than 'New Folder' in the Nautilus context.
>
> I like Evolutions use of Shft-Ctl-W to make a new window.

This seems potentially dangerous since Ctrl-W is the standard close
window shortcut.

I think Ctrl-N for new window (for consistency with other apps) and
Ctrl-Shift-N for new folder (for relative familiarity) is a good way
to go, as Calum suggested.

 - Maciej