[Usability]Re: Accelerator for New Window

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 13:29, Calum Benson wrote:
> Justin Davies wrote:
>
> > I think we have to think about what would be used more, requesting a new
> > window or find ?
>
> I don't think it matters in this case, the HIG recommends shortcuts for
> both :)  Well, almost... Ctrl-N is the recommended shortcut for 'New'
> (document), and IMHO it's more reasonable to extend that to mean 'New
> Window' than 'New Folder' in the Nautilus context.

I like Evolutions use of Shft-Ctl-W to make a new window.  I think since
many apps are providing an option to display the window as a tab,
Shft-ctl-T would also be appropriate.  I use nautilus's Ctl-N a
lot--folders and files are the data that it manages, and should create.
I'd go farther and like to see Shft-Ctl-N to get a list of
templates/types to create a new file type without starting an
application.

--

sinzui cox rr com