Re: [Usability]fullscreen mode

On Sun, 2002-03-03 at 10:02, Christian Rose wrote:
> sön 2002-03-03 klockan 15.53 skrev Havoc Pennington:
> > Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu> writes:
> > > Hrm. Terminals seem like a strange thing to have fullscreen, but I guess
> > > web browsers seem a little weird to me too. It just doesn't seem that
> > > bad to lose a few dozen pixels of height from the screen for a titlebar
> > > *shrug*.
> >
> > I agree that it's a bit crackrock. (The only real use I can think of
> > is for doing a presentation with a web browser.)
>
> Another use of a fullscreen browser is in "kiosk" type of applications,
> where you want to only provide the user a restricted browsing

I was a big user if Galeon's fullscreen mode when I had an 800x600
screen.  Too many Web sites cannot be seen correctly on small screens.
Until most of the Web sites are made for users, and not the creators,
fullscreen is more usable for browsing.

But I do think we need some rules when using it.  Alt-tab is busted in
Galeon's fullscreen mode.  There should be button to normal mode, and
something that gives access to apps outside the browser.

--

sinzui cox rr com