Re: [Usability]fullscreen mode

sön 2002-03-03 klockan 15.53 skrev Havoc Pennington:
> Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu> writes:
> > Hrm. Terminals seem like a strange thing to have fullscreen, but I guess
> > web browsers seem a little weird to me too. It just doesn't seem that
> > bad to lose a few dozen pixels of height from the screen for a titlebar
> > *shrug*.
>
> I agree that it's a bit crackrock. (The only real use I can think of
> is for doing a presentation with a web browser.)

Another use of a fullscreen browser is in "kiosk" type of applications,
where you want to only provide the user a restricted browsing
environment, and hide the desktop. I know there are people using Galeon
for this, since questions regarding kiosk type use and configuration of
Galeon are somewhat common on the galeon-devel mailing list.

And, as Havoc points out, a web browser makes a simple presentation
application, without having to install and use a dedicated presentation
application.

Christian