Re: [Usability]List policy, usability leadership, mission statement [Was: "widget"]

Pat Costello wrote:

On 31 Jul 2002 Jeff Waugh wrote:
It's disappointing that usability@ and the usability team is suffering from
the same woes that the hitsquad did:

 - Clear, transparent leadership
- Usability team mission statement - Lack of list policy and standards for behaviour, etc.

Until those are resolved, this list can be pretty much relegated to a high
quality entropy source.

Well, if the list were just a high quality entropy source, I wouldn't be so worried. The fact that a discussion point can make it from the list to bugzilla, while the discussion is still in train, and while there is still a large degree of uncertainty around the need for the discussion point, shows that there is potential for a negative impact on the GNOME UI design. There does need to be some sort of regulated output from the usability alias.

Pat