Re: [Usability]List policy, usability leadership, mission statement [Was: "widget"]

On 31 Jul 2002 Jeff Waugh wrote:

> It's disappointing that usability@ and the usability team is suffering from
> the same woes that the hitsquad did:
>
>   - Clear, transparent leadership
>
>   - Usability team mission statement
>
>   - Lack of list policy and standards for behaviour, etc.
>
> Until those are resolved, this list can be pretty much relegated to a high
> quality entropy source.

Well, if the list were just a high quality entropy source, I wouldn't be so
worried. The fact that a discussion point can make it from the list to bugzilla,
while the discussion is still in train, and while there is still a large degree
of uncertainty around the need for the discussion point, shows that there is
potential for a negative impact on the GNOME UI design. There does need to be
some sort of regulated output from the usability alias.

Pat