Re: [Usability]Re: Taskbar should show tasks on all workspaces by default

Hello Pat,

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Pat Costello wrote:

> For what my opinion is worth, the first suggestion removes a useful
> piece of functionality that users might otherwise not find for some
> time,

Agreed.

> and the second suggestion defeats the purpose of the workspace
> switcher, which is to allow users to corral work in clearly distinct
> areas.

Disagree, corraling work in distinct areas with workspaces is still very
well possible with all running apps visible in the taskbar applet. The
fact alone that there's no visible cue that a program is still running
should be enough to never make this behavior the default.

If you want workspaces dedicated to a certain project, like the Workplace
Shell's "Work Area" folders, do it right and make documents auto-open in
their own workspace and auto-start all project-related programs as well in
their last open state.

regards,

--

Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778