Re: [Usability]making GNOME more usable

Really, the "I want to..." approach is more at home in Help than on menus,
mainly for the reason that there is huge number of important "I want to..."
possibilities.

I would suggest that we need to talk about putting a front-end on the Yelp
browser, that would give users access to a long list of likely actions. I would
suggest the following approach:

How do I ... [field where you type keywords]

alter themes
apply styles
add a panel
...and so on.

We could generate a long, cross-referenced list of all possible actions.

Pat

> To: Eglė G <eglyte centras lt>
> Cc: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability]making GNOME more usable
dub-mail1.Ireland.Sun.COM id g6QLf3q23729

> Hi Eglk,
>
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Eglė G wrote:
>
> > dialog. Or it can be changed to "I want to..." as Adam suggests. The
> > program , which is set as default (in GNOME Control Center) for specific
>
> Some customized versions of GNOME already offer this functionality, such
> as the version that comes with Mandrake 9.0 beta 1. See this screenshot:

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/Demo/Mandrake9.0/Beta/images/betaShots5.p
ng