Re: [Usability]Name the font option

I think that using the CSS name is a very big advantage.

James Ramsey <jjramsey_6x9eq42 yahoo com> writes:
> I'd say the font dialog for fixed width fonts should
> *definitely* be to limited to show fixed-width fonts.
> No point in letting the user input something obviously
> wrong.

Yes, but some weirdos would want to be to be able to use
variable-width fonts.

On the one hand, some fonts are variable-width but look okay when
forced to monospace as well (some terminal emulators can do this
iirc).

On the other hand, I think I saw a shell somewhere that had variable
width fonts for standard shell stuff, but changed to monospace when it
ran curses,slang, or other fullscreen apps. It worked good, a bit slow.