Re: [Usability]Name the font option

--- Daniel Borgmann <daniel liebesgedichte net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 07:50, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Owen Taylor">
> >
> > >  Fixed width font - what KDE uses
> >
> > I think this one is easier to grok, and widely
> applicable ("Terminal font"
> > wouldn't apply so well to gedit, say).
>
> "Fixed width font" just seems a little bit
> inconsistent with "Standard
> application font" and "Desktop font", doesn't it?

Maybe it should be called "Standard Fixed Width Font."
That would indicate that it is the standard font used
by applications when a fixed-width font is called for.

> And while it fits very much, a computer beginner
> probably has no clue
> what fixed width fonts are used for so he might end
> up choosing a serif
> or sans-serif font. Or could the font selection
> dialog be limited to
> monospace fonts?

I'd say the font dialog for fixed width fonts should
*definitely* be to limited to show fixed-width fonts.
No point in letting the user input something obviously
wrong.