Re: [Usability]Re: A "cheat" to full window manager integration

Daniel Borgmann wrote:

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 00:18, Christopher Warner wrote:
Yes I am very aware (as the same thing goes for kde if you've ever tried to make a theme there); Still you are talking really personal preference. Great, you made a theme, and it goes well with the default Raleigh, thats great. However that is a personal preference so you don't see a reason to create a new Gtk style for it. If you read my post I still feel that they can be kept seperate but at the same time they can also be unified so people with the know how or the want can create one theme instead of many. It'd also allow for a decent format to come about; infact including sounds in the theme would be nice too even though it'd make themes chunky. I disagree that there would be non-existant gain if anything it'd unify things a bit yet still allowing choice to exist. One someone doesn't want to use the unified theme them fine, they can use seperate themes. As I said above more code, more work but it'd allow for a more unifying desktop.

Why am I talking about personal preferences? I just stated that it adds
a lot of overhead. If you want this to be optional, where is the
difference to meta themes?