Re: [Usability]Re: A "cheat" to full window manager integration

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 00:44, Christopher Warner wrote:
> >Why am I talking about personal preferences? I just stated that it adds
> >a lot of overhead. If you want this to be optional, where is the
> >difference to meta themes?
> >
> The difference is that it changes the creation of the theme.. with one
> file format it means that a tool can be written for designers to create
> themes. Which I think would be alot easier than the way it is right now.

No, it can't. As long as many widget themes are code and not markup and
pixmaps, there is no way to simply store them in a file (which can be
created by a theming tool). This is different for Metacity. And now that
I think about it, it shouldn't be too hard to create a theme editor for
Metacity. But widgets are another story and I think this is a good
thing, because widgets should mainly be functional, not flashy (like the
usual pixmap theme).