Re: [Usability]Re: A "cheat" to full window manager integration

--- Christopher Warner <zanee kernelcode com> wrote:
> James Ramsey wrote:
> >My point is that it is easier for a theme designer
> >make poor choices in widget theme design than in
> >window frame design.
[snip]

> >With a combined theme format, one is likely to see
> >window frame themes good enough for use saddled
> with
> >hard-to-read widget themes.
[snip]

> Don't underestimate the designer.. especially if
> he/she has tools to
> make a theme with. What I'm talking about is not a
> patch or hack (even
> though it accomodates the non unified with the
> unified); it's a complete
> rewrite on the way themes work and taking that idea
> and applying it to
> gnome.

But there are many theme designers, with differing
competencies. Tools can only go so far to make things
easier on the themer. After that, it's a matter of
balancing flashiness with readability--which is easier
said than done, especially when it comes to toolkit
themes.