[Usability]Some usibility comments on nautilus

Hey everyone,
I'm new here...

There have been some discussions recently about sepporating out folders
from files in nautilus - and this got me thinking about the Tree sidebar
- has it been completly forgotten? Right now I can see some reasons why
people don't use it:

1. It takes no notice of where the user is in the filesystem - it just
opens root.
2. AFAIK there is no way to set it as the default sidebar for all new
nautilus windows.

To make the Tree list useful i think the following is needed:
1. Tree reacts to changes in the current directory.
2. Nautilus remembers what sidebar was last open.
3. Ability to turn off the display of folders in the main view.
4. If only one sidebar is active (eg. Tree) it will take up the whole
of the sidebar - the tab at the top and the space above and below would
be hidden.
5. Browse from here functionality where a folder could be taken as root
in the tree view.

Also is there a way to turn off text below the nautilus buttons.

just some ideas .....

--

 	|						|