Re: [Usability]Re: Right Click the same as Ctrl+LeftClick???

bordoley msu edu ha scritto:
Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> said:

Good stuff all around thanks calum :)

<snip>

Perhaps the GNOME folks should get their user model straight (objects vs
actions), then leave well enough alone. If they try to change it, users
that use other computer systems too (virtually all GNOME users I expect)
will hate the difference.

Well I whole heartedly agree with this statement. I don't have a good enough
background in the area of motor skill development to really grasp the
intricacies of this issue. My main issue currently is that click behavior
should be consistent. Right now sometimes i have to click once other times
twice ( i suspect this is one reason i use single click mode in nautilus
currently, though I be willing to give it up for internal consistency in
gnome). Particularly confusing are the differences between the panel and
nautilus. An icon on the panel requires only a single click, but drag that
same launcher to the desktop and it now requires a double click.

I've never felt it to be confusing, perhaps because I'm rationalising in this way: a launcher on the desktop is like a file in a filemanager window, something that needs two clicks to be activated and is selectable with only one click; a launcher on the panel, OTOH, is like a shortcut for a menu item, and as such only needs one click to be activated, no double click because you're not going to rename, copy etc. it as if it was a file. Don't know if it makes sense to you ;)

I've tried single click navigation in both GNOME and KDE, but I keep single clicking to select files ...

Ciao

--
Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      e-mail:	rosselli cisi unito it
Dipartimento di Scienze			rosselli ling unipi it

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)