Re: [Usability]UI review - GEdit summary / PATCHES Welcome!

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 08:17, Gregory Merchan wrote:

> A screenshot of the window from gedit 2.0.6 with this change, UI review
> changes, and some minor tweaks may be seen here:
>
>   http://www.phys.lsu.edu/students/merchan/shots/gedit-Replace.png

It just about works in this case (notwithstanding the fact that the
column of buttons don't line up with the Close button, nor are they
quite the same size, which is visually distracting)... but I'd be rather
wary of abstracting it into a more general requirement for dialogs on
the basis of a single example :)

If someone had time to see how such a layout would affect the dialogs in
other GNOME applications (I assume we're not talking about
property/preference/utility windows here, just dialogs), that would be a
very worthwhile exercise I think...

Cheeri,
Calum.