Re: [Usability]Re: Right Click the same as Ctrl+LeftClick???

Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> said:

Good stuff all around thanks calum :)

<snip>

> Perhaps the GNOME folks should get their user model straight (objects vs
> actions), then leave well enough alone. If they try to change it, users
> that use other computer systems too (virtually all GNOME users I expect)
> will hate the difference.

Well I whole heartedly agree with this statement. I don't have a good enough
background in the area of motor skill development to really grasp the
intricacies of this issue. My main issue currently is that click behavior
should be consistent. Right now sometimes i have to click once other times
twice ( i suspect this is one reason i use single click mode in nautilus
currently, though I be willing to give it up for internal consistency in
gnome). Particularly confusing are the differences between the panel and
nautilus. An icon on the panel requires only a single click, but drag that
same launcher to the desktop and it now requires a double click.

Not sure where to go from here. I believe someone mentioned in your mail that
the old apple way is double click for objects, and single click for actions.
This definately seems like a a reasonable idea.

dave