Re: [Usability]File renaming/extensions

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 16:54, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 16:42, David Lazaro wrote:
> > I am afraid that you are not a typical user....
>
> please define 'typical user'

This was have a joke/compliment, sorry if I have upset you. It wasn't my
intention.

In my past work, for example, in a design house (take for granted that
all of the users were power users, all minus marketing/sales, that is
:), but only one windows user (another software engineer) had the "show
extensions for all files" option active.

I have only other person that worked with extensions active on windows
in my life.

As you can see I'm talking in part from my experience and in part from
the hypothesis that Mac OS X and Windows got this feature in the default
set due to proper usability studies. I could be wrong, though.

Cheers,

David