Re: GNOME 2.0 Must Fix Item #1b - Panel, General Desktop Interaction

> Kevin Vandersloot wrote:
> Okay, let's just go with two panels. The thing about the tasklist that I
> mentioned is that it will be able to size itself to the available space, so
> it won't push applets off the panel. The tasklist just needs a small patch
> (which I basically have locally) as well as a patch to the panel which was
> just committed a few days ago. This way the option 'Only use available
> space' will work as expected.

Yes, but on a monitor running in a low resolution, the tasklist could
not house enough items to be really useful to the user if it had to go
on a single panel with the other defaults on that panel.  The foobar in
and of itself has enough on it to where the tasklist would only hold 1-2
items.

Brian