Re: Comments on dialog proposal

On 06Sep2001 01:20PM (+0100), Michael Rogers wrote:

> Perhaps the HIG should recommend that dialogs containing text boxes use
> [OK] [Cancel] rather than [Close]/[Done], since you have to move the
> focus out of the text box to apply the changes, negating the advantage
> of an instant-apply dialog.

I don't see why it has to be that way. If a text box changes, for
instance, the window title, I'd be perfectly happy to see it update as
I type each character in the box. If updating on each character is too
slow, you could wait until there is, say, 1 second since the last time
the user typed a character.

 - Maciej