Re: GNOME 2.0 Must Fix Item #1b - Panel, General Desktop Interaction

On Thu, 2001-09-06 at 08:03, Michael Rogers wrote:
> Kevin Vandersloot wrote:
> > * removed desk-guide from initial panel (screem if you think otherwise)
>
> I'm not really screaming, but perhaps the desk-guide should be embedded
> in the foobar, showing two or three desktops initially? Otherwise a lot
> of people will never be aware of the possibility of multiple desktops,
> which is one of the big selling points of X IMO. Putting the desk-guide
> in the foobar would separate it visually from the tasklist.

Michael definately has a good point.  One of the biggest advantages of X
over other GUI interfaces is it's ability to have multiple desktops.  We
want to ensure people are aware of this functionality.

I agree that it might be a decent idea to embed in the foobar...
I should point out that anything that is going in the foobar needs to
have design specs that make it "meld" properly with the foobar (try
putting certain applets up there, and they don't match the rest of the
foobar).

Brian