Re: [Usability] Re: desktop/workspaces terminology issue

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Gregory Merchan wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 10:03:10PM -0600, John Fleck wrote:
> <snip>
> On a similar note, there's been confusion on-line when talking about
> multi-head set-ups. As I understand it, multi-head is achieved by using
> different Screens of a Display (both used in the same sense as Xlib uses them),
> and Xinerama makes these Screens contiguous. I'd like to know how workspace,
> viewport, and desktop apply in this case, but I don't have the hardware to see
> for myself.

Its still the same on multi-head, as in the display I have here is just
one big desktop on 2 screens, so John's definition would still apply, the
desktop is what you can see on the screen, or in this case 2 screens.

Chris

--
"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I have a hope for the human race."
   -- H.G. Wells