Re: [Usability] Re: desktop/workspaces terminology issue

> On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 01:00:06AM -0500, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> > Which is the desktop: the current viewport or the set of all

Neither. I think the definition is pretty clear: "the *visible screen
area* ..." in other words, the bit that you can see.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 01:44:17PM +0100, Michael Rogers wrote:
> Or even the background window of the current workspace? (As in "click on 
> the desktop".)

I think Michael's got it right here - the bit that you can see, click
on or drag to is the "desktop".

John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h),
"Any man left on the Rio Grande is the King of the World as far as I know."
 - Becker and Fagen, 1973

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]