Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.

On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 10:47, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 19:00, David Moles wrote:
>
>     For what it's worth, the "stable" branch on Red Carpet seems to be back
>     to the old control center (as you pointed out, Luis). I'm not sure if the
>     new one ever really was in there, or if it got sucked in in the course of
>     upgrading something else -- I've noticed that Red Carpet now has a habit,
>     probably intended to be helpful, of sucking stuff in from the unstable
>     branch when it needs to. I think it would be better if stuff in the stable
>     branch only depended on stuff in the stable branch, though.
>
> Well, it could be that for example the Evolution snapshots depend on a
> newer version of some libs that are on the snapshot channels. I dont
> think RC installs stuff from there by itself.

If it was the Evolution snapshot, that might make sense, but the only
channels I was subscribed to were RH 7.1 and Ximian GNOME. :) I'm pretty
sure it was Evolution 0.99 (from the Ximian GNOME channel, not the
snapshot channel) that was depending on stuff from the other channels.

I probably wouldn't have noticed except that upgrading Evolution last
week totally hosed it. I updated again today and it seemed to work,
though. (I still wish there was a downgrade -- or that I'd been able to
find an older Evolution release on the FTP site... but hey, it's not
like I'm paying for any of this wonderful stuff you guys are putting
out, right? :> [P.S. What's the story on the pay services? When are
they coming out?])

--D