Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 20:38, David Moles wrote:

    If it's only the preview channel we're talking about, sure. But I don't
    think it should have gone into the stable branch (at least, without
    control-center-plus also going in there so functionality wouldn't be lost
    -- not just stuff like palm support, stuff like MIME types).

What is the MIME stuff in Nautilus then? I mean, in windows you just do
"[x] Always use this program to open this kind of file". I think it
makes much sense to just have the mime handling accessible from the file
manager. Seth had some ideas about this but I forget now and I need to
get to the office :-)

Less likely to make sense to open gnomecc and find the mime stuff there
(Should the user know what MIME is, and what MIME type a file is anyway
to for example make "freeamp*" always open OGG and MP3 files?)

Tuomas

PS. I know Freeamp also can associate mime types to itself on Gnome, and
it works (it has a "[x] Associate music files with freeamp" in its
preferences)

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::