Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Alex Barnes <alex barnes sympatico ca>
- Cc: Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>, Luis Villa <louie ximian com>, usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.
- Date: 18 Nov 2001 23:57:18 -0500
Alex Barnes <alex barnes sympatico ca> writes:
> In fact, this may even spawn useful app-specific Prefs Dialog
> mini-projects, such as Ximian "branded" Prefs Dialogs with Rupert the
> monkey or severely limited prefs for kiosk-based apps.
> Is this possible to do with bonobo and GConf? Would this reduce the
> core maintenance work for GUI apps?
I think it would ramp up the complexity of apps a lot. Remember the
whole reason for doing the special "powertweaker" app instead of user
levels is that user levels were too complicated.
Overengineering bad. Just having some hidden settings is simple, it
works, it's the right approach.
] [Thread Prev