Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 00:46, Seth Nickell wrote:
> On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 20:54, Luis Villa wrote:
> > On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 23:42, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > > Currently the only two applications on my system that seem to do this
> > > are Evolution and GNUStep (ie WindowMaker). (side note: damnit!
> > > evolution really shouldn't be cluttering my home directory with stupid
> > > non-user-manipulatable data directories).
> >
> > <sigh> I know. It will be configurable in 1.1. There will be a /lot/ of
> > UI work for 1.1. While I'm here, in fact, I'll (1) urge everyone to try
> > out evolution and (2) urge folks to file UI bugs. We know we've got a
> > ways to go, and we're interested in making it work as well as possible
> > in 1.1, so your input will make a difference.
>
> I don't care if its configurable or not, all I care is that its not
> visible by default. Because exactly the users that would be most
> bothered by having that directory on their desktop are the ones that
> shouldn't have to turn it off. Really, I don't think this should be a
> preference. It should just be an invisible directory. Advanced users
> should feel free to make a symlink to the directory if they really
> really want to be able to right click and find out its size.

<shrug> I really don't care one way or the other; I'm just the bug guy.
Telling it to me on this list will do nothing a couple months from now
when the issue is brought up again for 1.1. So... please file pertinent
comments in the bugzilla so we have a record of them when the exact
implementation is done. Otherwise it just won't happen.
Luis