Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 01:01, Seth Nickell wrote:
> On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 21:53, Luis Villa wrote:
> > On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 00:43, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > > as we figure out what is actually
> > > necessary.
> >
> > *cough*palm configuration*cough*
>
> What do you need to configure? Why can't your system just find the
> bloody palm and sychronize? The existing palm configuration is pretty
> complicated, and the conduits system isn't a very good thing to expose
> to users. I wouldn't mind a simple interface for selecting what things
> get synched "Adressbook" "Notes" etc. But the existing interface is
> pretty crack laden at times.

So what you're saying is because the palm backend is a PITA, we should
just make the palm device completely unusable? Because that's the
current situation- every palm and GNOME user who has 'upgraded' to the
new CC has rudely discovered that we don't care whether or not they can
use their hardware.
Luis