Re: New menu standard

Liam Quin wrote:

> Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> > Anyway, if people is unhappy about it, do some profiling, that way we
> > will discover what wastes RAM and CPU.
> There are systems that have a low limit on the total size of the environment.
> I've used systems (e.g. Ultrix) with a 10K limit; SunOS 4.1 allowed a
> whole megabyte i *think*, I forget.  The same space is shared with
> commandline arguments, and is why you get "argument list too long"
> sometimes.

CDE's set of env vars are a mess apparently [I don't use it enough to
verify this - like never :)] and I think the xml file is a much cleaner
solution....

Sure, if you want you could override what is in the xml file with an
env var, but that you only be optional and not something that should
be widely used [or indeed needed].