Re: Logout interface, Halt checkbox

Aschwin van der Woude wrote:

> > # Save session setup   <- at least until multi session system
> >                          | is done, this should be enough
>
> I am new on this list, but this sparked my interest. What are the
> current idea's for a multi-session system?
> Would it mean, that with the click of a button an arrangement of apps
> opens and closes?

Heya,
The possibilities are endless once everyting [or at least, everything that
makes sense] supports multiple-sessions. This means that you can log into
different sessions with different setups - useful in the case that you have
a low resolution with one display and a high resolution with another. You
could have a 'hacking' session that loads up programs like emacs, glade etc...
and have a panel/sawfish setup which utilizes multiple workspaces for example.

gnome-session and gdm supports named sessions currently and I'm hacking up support for
multi-session in the panel right now. It's most important that the desktop
as a whole supports it ie. control-center/panel/sawfish and from there we could
extend it to applications.

			Hope this makes some sense,

				Glynn ;)