[Usability] Padding + "Style"

So,

We have a lovely HIG, but it has more in the way of usability stuff than
style stuff. That's a good focus to begin with, though.

What are our commonly accepted padding and spacing 'rules'? ProjectBuilder
on OS X [1] has these wonderful little guidelines that appear as you're
laying out your UI so you can design to the letter of the Aqua style guide.
Pretty el-neat-o.

Do we have anything approaching a standard for this, and are current apps
following it? It doesn't really look like it. ;)

[ Musings on an almost-Sunday, not at all important to the Impending Release
of GNOME 2. :) ]

- Jeff

[1] I just got an iBook, so everyone has to deal with me getting into OS X
stylin's. ;)

--
                        Great minds think different?