Re: [Usability] window manager configuration

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 13:37, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Hello Havoc,
>
> On 7 Dec 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> >  - which crack-ridden bogus options do you have to offer
> >    despite their bogosity, since people are grumpy?
>
> >   Click-to-focus/sloppy focus (follows mouse?)
>
> (fires up icepref)
>
> There's a whole truckload of options that could go along with this
> feature, witness iceWM. What I *personally* find invaluable is the
> possibility to focus a window without bringing it immedeately to the top,
> and the possibility to "delay pointer focusing" when the mouse moves with
> a few hundred ms.

yeah, FFM isn't half as useful if the windows auto-raise. it's nice
to be able to type in the little corner of a terminal window that's
sticking out behind something.

(now if I could just remember what it was that annoyed me about
sawfish focus behavior enough to get me to switch to click-to-focus...)

one thing, it would be nice if there was a way to get significantly
more visual feedback as to which window has the focus -- like, darken
the *whole* window instead of just changing the title bar color...
probably too much to wish for with the current architecture, though.