Re: [Usability] window manager configuration

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 01:58:05PM -0800 or thereabouts, David Moles wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 13:37, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> > On 7 Dec 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> > >  - which crack-ridden bogus options do you have to offer
> > >    despite their bogosity, since people are grumpy?
> > >   Click-to-focus/sloppy focus (follows mouse?)
> >
> > There's a whole truckload of options that could go along with this
> > feature, witness iceWM. What I *personally* find invaluable is the
> > possibility to focus a window without bringing it immedeately to the top,
> > and the possibility to "delay pointer focusing" when the mouse moves with
> > a few hundred ms.
>
> yeah, FFM isn't half as useful if the windows auto-raise. it's nice
> to be able to type in the little corner of a terminal window that's
> sticking out behind something.

Bingo. I love focus-follows mouse. I love windows not automatically
coming to the front (particularly handy on small screens where you
carefully line things up so the relevant parts of each window are
visible). The combination is extremely convenient for me.

Telsa