Re: Menu guidelines updated

colin z robertson wrote:
> Yes, I can see that some of the File menu's responsibilities can be
> delegated to the dialog. I was working on the assumption that the
> dialog was going to remain simple. (If anyone knows otherwise -- hell,
> if anyone knows _anything_ about what's planned for the file dialogs
> -- please let me know.)
>
> Whether those responsibilities should or shouldn't be delegated to the
> dialog is another matter. Opinions, anyone?

I prefer powerful file selectors, because seeing a directory (erm,
folder) laid out in front of me can jog my memory. For example, I often
use the file selector to delete a couple of old files before resuming
the task of opening a file. A powerful file selector is useful for 'ad
hoc' file management. The file selector offers more information than the
File menu, so it can trigger interactions that are not relevant to the
task of opening/saving a file, but are nevertheless useful.

Michael