Re: GNOME Usability - General Questions

John Kodis wrote:
> Alright then, that certainly simplifies things.  Now there's no need
> for all this tedious discussion of usability -- we already have our
> guiding light for useability: Windows!

I don't have a problem with the Windows interface in most respects. (The
underlying OS sucks and there's a lot of marketing-driven cruft in
there, but I think Gnome will avoid both those problems.)

> I had been hoping that there might have been some room for
> improvement.  It seems that I was mistaken.

Obviously there's room for improvement, but that doesn't mean we're
better off starting from scratch. A lot of work has gone into the
Windows interface over the years (compare win2k with win3.1). It's
unlikely that they got *everything* wrong.

Michael