Re: [Tracker] nikon project
- From: Debarshi Ray <debarshi ray gmail com>
- To: Alexey Fisher <bug-track fisher-privat net>
- Cc: henna waltz <hendrikwalz web de>, Tracker list <tracker-list gnome org>, Solang developers' list <solang-devel nongnu org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] nikon project
- Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 23:09:26 +0200
1) i wrote small commandline tool in c if you point it to DCIM folder it
will output tagged list of paths. Is it what you mean?
What about a small application that imports photos (or videos, etc.)
from cameras, which apart from simply copying over the files also
deciphers the information from the DCIM folder and inserts the
relevant things into Tracker? The file copying part is already done by
gthumb-importer, etc., but not the second part.
2) i thing solang teem can do it :)
I don't think it is a good idea to have a 'camera importer' inbuilt in
Solang. We used to have this earlier, but it is much better to have a
stand alone application (not tied to a particular photo manager) that
benefits the entire desktop.
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
-- Andrew Koenig
] [Thread Prev