Re: [Tracker] nikon project
- From: Alexey Fisher <bug-track fisher-privat net>
- To: Daniel Bo <daengbo gmail com>
- Cc: henna waltz <hendrikwalz web de>, Tracker list <tracker-list gnome org>, Solang developers' list <solang-devel nongnu org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] nikon project
- Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:04:41 +0200
Please start new "Face recognition" tree and come back to initial
discussion of this tree.
Am Montag, den 22.03.2010, 12:45 +0700 schrieb Daniel Bo:
I agree that this functionality should be implemented by a daemon in
the desktop environment, not in Tracker. This could include not only
extended data, but others mentioned like face recognition for photos
and videos, and transcription for audio.
I'd say that that functionality should be out of tracker. Applications
should do all that "guessing" and store in tracker only facts. I think
it is extremely difficult to do it (right) at extraction time. Anyway,
if somebody decides to try that patch and implement an extractor for
face recognition... it is more than welcome.
I'd prefer a plugin in EOG (or any other image viewer) that allows the
user to easily mark "My contact X is in this picture": more reliable
information, and probably easier to implement.
] [Thread Prev