Re: [Tracker] Enhancement proposal: Automatic reindexing when adding new extractors
- From: Adrien Bustany <madcat mymadcat com>
- To: Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com>
- Cc: Tracker list <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] Enhancement proposal: Automatic reindexing when adding new extractors
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:51:12 +0100
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:22:56 +0000, Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com>
On 11/02/10 14:19, Adrien Bustany wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:03:17 +0100, Martyn Russell<martyn lanedo com>
On 09/02/10 21:31, Adrien Bustany wrote:
Hi, sorry for the late reply.
I generally like most the proposals, but I do have one suggestion.
being that we don't store a desktop file at all :) but simply link to
desktop file instead. Keeping mime types in two places for
feels like duplication to me. I would much rather have something like
I didn't get what desktop file do you want to link to ?
Well, most applications have their own desktop file which includes a
list of mime types they support. So why not use that?
True, but that means that we have to modify the desktop file when we add
a desktop file... Which is complicated from a packaging POV. Or IÂdidn't
get your point?
This way we can simply use:
- Tracker internals to get information about the desktop file
- Simple file lookups to get desktop file information that already
The ShouldReindex is a simple toggle to know if we need to start a
reindex or not. You could possibly change this to ShouldIndex=mimes so
you only handle particular mimes? (not sure if that makes sense
It probably makes sense for an extractor that handles several types
the gstreamer one)
Several mime types? Not sure I follow your point here?
AÂsingle extractor can support several mime types. We only want to reindex
relevant ones when needed.
] [Thread Prev