Re: segfaults in GLib code

José Dapena Paz wrote:
> 	Just fast questions.
>
> 	1. Could you build your test program with debug support and without
> optimisations, and install debug symbols for all libraries you use?
> (Including gtk, glib, tinymail).
> 	2. Even better, build tinymail yourself making sure you build it
> without optimisations (in autogen.sh --enable-debug, and also you can
> set CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to "-g3 -O0".
> 	3. Run the program with valgrind and gdb once you have your program
> built with debug and without optimisations.

Okay, I've done all this, but I'm not too sure what I'm looking for.

Running tny-demoui under gdb shows segfaults in pretty much the same
places - GLib dereferencing GType pointers that refer to invalid memory
locations, for example.

Using valgrind isn't doing much, I can't seem to reproduce the problem
running tny-demoui under it after trying quite a few times and can't
spot much in the memcheck output (not that I really know what to look
for, anyway).

Any suggestions?

//Mike

--