Re: segfaults in GLib code

El mié, 13-01-2010 a las 12:41 +1100, Michael Gratton escribió:
> Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> > Have you initialized the glib threads stuff ? You have to use
> > gtk_threads_init()
>
> You mean gdk_threads_init()? Yes, definitely. Both my app and tny-demoui
> seem to be doing the correct thing in terms of calling the appropriate
> init methods, but I'm still seeing these segfaults.
>
> If someone could try building and running tny-demoui on a dual-core
> system to see if it is reproducible, that would be awesome. I'm using a
> single IMAP account. Just poking at it by running the program, then
> selecting different folders and messages, and so on should cause it to
> crash within a minute.

	Just fast questions.

	1. Could you build your test program with debug support and without
optimisations, and install debug symbols for all libraries you use?
(Including gtk, glib, tinymail).
	2. Even better, build tinymail yourself making sure you build it
without optimisations (in autogen.sh --enable-debug, and also you can
set CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to "-g3 -O0".
	3. Run the program with valgrind and gdb once you have your program
built with debug and without optimisations.

	Maybe you can throw some additional light to the conditions you get the
crash.

--
José Dapena Paz <jdapena igalia com>
Igalia