Re: Handling POP folder operation

En 25/08/10 15:22, evolution test escribiu:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Sergio Villar Senin <svillar igalia com
> <mailto:svillar igalia com>> wrote:
>
>     En 25/08/10 06:40, evolution test escribiu:
>     > Hello,
>     > I want to know possibility of below operation for POP account.
>     >
>     > - Is It possible to Create folder under pop account ??
>     > - Is It possible to Delete folder under pop account ??
>     > - Is It possible to Rename folder under pop account ??
>     >
>     > If any of the question answer is YES then please let me know how it is
>     > handle in tinymail
>     >
>     > According to my knowledge POP will not provided access to do all those
>     > operation but still it is possible to manage all the operation by
>     doing
>     > handling in your E-mail client.
>
>     Exactly, you cannot create/delete/rename anything under POP. POP does
>     only have 1 folder which is the INBOX. If you want to do something else
>     you have to do it on your own in the client. You can always create a
>     local account and create folders there, although I don't see the point.
>

> Can you give me some idea how it will be handle locally.
> I have below case :
> Let's say i have one pop account & i will receive all me mail in Inbox,
> now i want to create one personal folder for my POP account (I agree
> with you that it will be not created under my actual account) & move
> some my mail from Inbox to created personal folder.

You need to create a local account. Then you need to detect when you
want to create a folder under the POP Inbox and create it under your
local account instead.

Maybe the easiest way is to create a new implementation of the
TnyStoreAccount interface that will have a POP account and a local
account inside. Then you'd redirect all the create/delete/rename_folder
actions to your local account. Something like that.

BR