Re: Handling POP folder operation

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Sergio Villar Senin <svillar igalia com> wrote:
En 25/08/10 06:40, evolution test escribiu:
> Hello,
> I want to know possibility of below operation for POP account.
>
> - Is It possible to Create folder under pop account ??
> - Is It possible to Delete folder under pop account ??
> - Is It possible to Rename folder under pop account ??
>
> If any of the question answer is YES then please let me know how it is
> handle in tinymail
>
> According to my knowledge POP will not provided access to do all those
> operation but still it is possible to manage all the operation by doing
> handling in your E-mail client.

Exactly, you cannot create/delete/rename anything under POP. POP does
only have 1 folder which is the INBOX. If you want to do something else
you have to do it on your own in the client. You can always create a
local account and create folders there, although I don't see the point.

Can you give me some idea how it will be handle locally.
I have below case :
Let's say i have one pop account & i will receive all me mail in Inbox, now i want to create one personal folder for my POP account (I agree with you that it will be not created under my actual account) & move some my mail from Inbox to created personal folder.

Possible then providing more hints towards handling POP account using local provider.

Regards,
Vija

BR