RE: Patch: do not convert all text parts to UTF-8

Hi Thomas,

Ah... that is indeed broken.

> > And are there mails that worked before, but could break with this?
>
> Mails that are nor plain text nor html ?
>
> Parts like diff (text/x-diff) won't be converted and I'm sure
> it's better.

Well, I was thinking about the case where an HTML mail is in non-UTF8,
but doesn't explicitely set the charset (or sets the wrong one).

Before, the result might not be very nice, but at least after
UTF8-conversion we're not sending arbitrary bytes to the viewer.

With this change, we're feeding whatever is in the HTML part to the
viewer, which may not like that very much.

So, while your patch seems like an improvement in many cases (thanks!),
there is this corner case now. I don't oppose the patch, it's just
something
to keep in mind.

Best wishes,
Dirk.