Re: Patch: some improvements for gtkmozembed ui module

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 12:10 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> Hey Jose,
>
> I have this error:
>
> -DPIC -o .libs/tny-moz-embed-html-mime-part-view.o
> tny-moz-embed-html-mime-part-view.c:34:32: error: gtkmozembed_common.h:
> No such file or directory
> tny-moz-embed-html-mime-part-view.c: In function
> 'tny_moz_embed_html_mime_part_view_class_init':
> tny-moz-embed-html-mime-part-view.c:201: warning: implicit declaration
> of function 'gtk_moz_embed_set_path'
> tny-moz-embed-html-mime-part-view.c:217: warning: implicit declaration
> of function 'gtk_moz_embed_common_set_pref'
> make[2]: *** [tny-moz-embed-html-mime-part-view.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/pvanhoof/repos/tinymail/trunk/libtinymailui-mozembed'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pvanhoof/repos/tinymail/trunk'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> pvanhoof schtrumpf:~/repos/tinymail/trunk$
>

> Can you please fix this ASAP? Else I'll have to revert your patch.

Looks like a version mismatch in gtkmozembed. Mine doesn't have the
header that you used.

Perhaps revert the file deletions (the cpp files) and let them compile
depending on the version of gtkmozembed. Use ifdef in the .c file to
switch between the old style of configuration and your style of
configuration.

Also plumb some Makefile.am and configure.ac magic together to detect
and to set a -D define and to select which files to compile (with the
cpp files or without them and your -D that enables your current method).

Important! We'll need to resolve this before Monday, else I'll be forced
to revert your patch as I'll probably prepare pre-release 0.0.3 on
Monday. Requiring a very recent version of gtkmozembed is not an option,
supporting one (yours): definitely is.