Re: [openchange][devel] Porting OpenChange Exchange provider to Tinymail

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 04:40 +0200, Julien Kerihuel wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 20:45 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> The only issue at the moment is that we are trying to focus on getting
> the 0.6 release out the door[1] in the next couple of weeks. So, much as
> we would like to look at what you've done there is a very real danger it
> would be far too interesting :-) As you can see from the list of items
> we are rapidly stabilizing the library in ways that should make it
> easier for people like you to work with it.

Of course, I understand.

> > Please let me know if you guys would be interested in this kind of
> > cooperation.
>
> Yes! In collaboration with people who have taken a general
> approach (like porting existing integration work, such as you described)
> even more so!
>
> So without wanting to be rude, mind if we get back to you here in a few
> weeks?

No, that even sounds like a sensible and good plan.

The current users of Tinymail are not yet planning to ship with Samba4
libraries on their devices, so there's no rush yet. But in future I
think it would be a very interesting something to support, on mobiles.

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog