Re: [openchange][devel] Porting OpenChange Exchange provider to Tinymail

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 20:45 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> Hi there OpenChange developers. My name is Philip and I did a library
> for E-mail that focuses specifically on mobiles. It's called Tinymail
> and a few mobile device vendors, like Nokia and since recently OpenMoko
> and perhaps OLPC too, are interested in using this.
>
> More info here: http://tinymail.org

Hello Philip, and welcome! Tinymail looks like an excellent piece of
work. In general we'd love to work with getting OpenChange on embedded
platforms.

The only issue at the moment is that we are trying to focus on getting
the 0.6 release out the door[1] in the next couple of weeks. So, much as
we would like to look at what you've done there is a very real danger it
would be far too interesting :-) As you can see from the list of items
we are rapidly stabilizing the library in ways that should make it
easier for people like you to work with it.

> Please let me know if you guys would be interested in this kind of
> cooperation.

Yes! In collaboration with people who have taken a general
approach (like porting existing integration work, such as you described)
even more so!

So without wanting to be rude, mind if we get back to you here in a few
weeks?

Cheers,
Julien.

[1] http://wiki.openchange.org/index.php/Libmapi_0.6_HOLODECK

--
Julien Kerihuel
j kerihuel openchange org

GPG Fingerprint: 0B55 783D A781 6329 108A  B609 7EF6 FE11 A35F 1F79