Re: Using Tinymail for exposing a folder through DBUS

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 16:42 +0100, Jo Vermeulen wrote:

> I needed this for a research-oriented project I am working on with a
> couple of last year students.

In case your university is interested in participating int he Summer Of
Code 2007, of Google, it's possible that a project based on tinymail or
that does something interesting with tinymail would be accepted.

Some examples: some user interfaces for, for example, ePaper displays
(iRex, Polymer Vision, etc), For the One Laptop Per Child project, for
mobile phones, ...  Or integration with other applications like, indeed
Gimmie or Tomboy. With other frameworks like Telepathy and Galago (VoIP
and Presence).

E-mail as a service, would be another good research subject for which
the tinymail design could be made suitable (or, already is, since
everything is an interface .. you can use remote proxy for this).

I of course have plenty of non-research ideas too. Things that are
really to do (and often are this subjects that certain companies are
actually willing to pay for, though I can't easily give you a list on
that here).

Most of the subjects aren't really doable in less than 7 days.

ps. I'm not very interested in mentoring students that, for example,
only want to think about "how a MUA user interface would look like". No,
the student would have to "implement" that user interface too :)

    -- Just an example of course.