Re: trivial patch for debian/control typo

2006/11/24, Philip Van Hoof <spam pvanhoof be>:
> > > The scripts itself look fancy enough, but they don't compile with me.
> > > I think the problem is that ./autogen.sh always has exit status 1
> > > which leads 'make' to back out.
> >
> > Can you try to figure out how come it has this exit status?
>
> I'm on XP at work right now, but my guess is that the warnings about
> some missing files (which are harmless) trigger the exit status.

I have put exit 0 at the end of the script. btw. Which missing files?

I'll come back to this when I have time, probably sunday evening.

> > Each libtinymailSOMETHING should be a different package with its own
> > -dev package.
> >
> > https://svn.tinymail.org/svn/tinymail/trunk/docs/packagers.txt
>
> As stated before, I agree with this. The aim should be to create a
> layout that works for desktop users that wanna try the demo and a
> flexible starting point that fits mostly every debian based system
> with only small modifications (like dependency versions) and a
> rebuild.

Note that tinymail really is a framework, not an application. While I do
agree with installing the demo ui for users that want to try it out,
packagers should know that the demo is not the actual product.

The product is a framework ;-). For developers.

I agree, that's why no binary packages are being published, but script
being included in source. Binary packages is my preferred way to test
(using the demo ui) on my local system though.